We are a church in mission! Mission opportunities are available for children, women, and men of all ages!
We believe passionately that Christ calls us to reach out to the disadvantaged and help in every way we possibly can. In addition to our hands-on efforts, some noted below, we commit funds to key community agencies such as Angels Clinic, Needline, Boy Scouts, and the Gentry House. Jesus reminded us, “As you’ve done for the least of these my brothers and sisters, you’ve done for me.” We take that call and that challenge seriously!
Here is a list of some of the additional mission outreach opportunities:
- H.E.L.P. House Ministry
- For information concerning the H.E.L.P. House please contact the church office (270-753-3812).
- Community Kitchen Feeding Program
- The community kitchen serves lunch to those in our community on Sundays at 12:30 PM. This is a great ministry and volunteer opportunity. If you have any questions please contact Dana Stonecipher (270-753-0392).
- Yearly International Mission
- Appalachian Mission Trip each Spring
- The four-day Appalachia Mission Trip to the mountains of Southeastern Kentucky is held annually in the Spring. Working with Henderson Settlement, a United Methodist Ministry in Frakes, Kentucky, the team engages itself in home repair in the community, thrift store and greenhouse operations on the “campus”, and conduct a two-day dental clinic. For additional information contact Harold Finn, Trip Coordinator, at 270-761-4584 or email: email@example.com.
- Sunday Morning Bus Ministry
- For more information on this ministry, please contact Margaret Fritts (270-759-3950).
- Youth Mission Trip each Summer
- Kids in Mission
- Eunice’s Food Ministry
- Blood Drive
- Murray First UMC hosts two blood drives each year in the CLC Gymnasium. FUMC is a member of the Blood Donor Group Program of the Murray Calloway County Hospital. When FUMC has fulfilled the yearly quota of blood units any member of the congregation’s family requiring transfusion receives it at a lower cost and a reliable blood supply is available for the community when needed. For additional information contact Melissa Easley at 270-753-8096.
- “Kids Against Hunger” Program
- Quilt and Prayer Shaw Ministry
- Backpack Program for Elementary School Children
- And many other opportunities to serve and show Christ’s love!
For more information about any of these opportunities, please call the church office at:
270-753-3812, email: firstname.lastname@example.org