We are a church in mission! Mission opportunities are available for children, women, and men of all ages!
We believe passionately that Christ calls us to reach out to the disadvantaged and help in every way we possibly can. Jesus reminded us, “As you’ve done for the least of these my brothers and sisters, you’ve done for me” (Matthew 25:40). We take that call and that challenge seriously!
Here is a list of some of the mission outreach opportunities:
- HELP House Ministry
- For information concerning the HELP House please contact the church office (270-753-3812).
- Community Kitchen Feeding Program
- The community kitchen serves lunch to those in our community on Sundays at 12:30 PM. This is a great ministry and volunteer opportunity. If you have any questions, please contact Dana Stonecipher (270-753-0392).
- Yearly International Mission
- During the summer, you can join us on mission to Central America.
- Appalachian Mission Trip each Spring
- The four-day Appalachia Mission Trip to the mountains of Southeastern Kentucky is held annually in the Spring. Working with Henderson Settlement, a United Methodist Ministry in Frakes, Kentucky, the team engages itself in home repair in the community, thrift store and greenhouse operations on the “campus”, and conduct a two-day dental clinic. For additional information contact Harold Finn, Trip Coordinator, at 270-761-4584 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday Morning Bus Ministry
- For more information on this ministry, please contact Margaret Fritts (270-759-3950).
- Youth Mission Trip each Summer
- Domestic mission trip to areas in need and mission days as part of programming.
- Kids in Mission
- During the year, the United Methodist Kids do various missions in our church and around the community.
- Eunice’s Food Ministry
- Once a month, usually the third Wednesday of the month, we sack groceries at Need Line.
- Blood Drive
- Murray First UMC hosts two blood drives each year in the CLC Gymnasium. FUMC is a member of the Blood Donor Group Program of the Murray Calloway County Hospital. When FUMC has fulfilled the yearly quota of blood units any member of the congregation’s family requiring transfusion receives it at a lower cost and a reliable blood supply is available for the community when needed. For additional information contact Melissa Easley at 270-753-8096.
- “Kids Care for Hunger” Program
- Helping to feed the hungry in our community.
- Quilt and Prayer Shaw Ministry
- Backpack Program for Elementary School Children through Need Line
- And many other opportunities to serve and show Christ’s love!
For more information about any of these opportunities, please call the church office at:
270-753-3812, email: email@example.com