Facilities and Maintenance Director
To apply for this position please email your resume to email@example.com. Deadline to apply: June 17, 2021
Positions Reports to: Senior Minister
Employment Status: Full Time/Non-Exempt
The Facilities and Maintenance Director is responsible for the overall upkeep of the church buildings and grounds. This staff member is expected to be an advocate of the Church, its members, the community, and is expected to provide continuous quality work in accordance with the responsibilities of this description.
- Securely open and close the church facilities Sunday through Thursday
- Be on premises and help with all church related functions
- Ensure the church buildings, grounds, parking lots, and sidewalks are as safely passable as possible, including addressing snow and ice removal and/or treatment
- Maintain a weekly cleaning schedule of the church premises along with the Church Custodian
- General inspection and maintenance of the buildings, fixtures, and overall well-being, and complete tasks that do not require a state regulatory license
- Schedule any work to be completed by technicians, contractors, and other specialists
- Do physical/manual labor for setting up for regular and special events at the Church
- Oversee matters related to the church vans/buses, including maintenance, cleaning, and training new drivers
- Be on call for questions and needs of staff, members, and emergencies
- Attend and actively participate in weekly staff meetings
- Work with the Board of Trustees, attending their monthly meetings as a non-voting member. This person will work with the Director of Finance and Trustees chairperson to ensure all financial/budgetary documents, agenda items, and other materials are prepared for these meetings.
- Serve as a non-voting member of the Safety and Security Sub-Committee
- It is expected that the Facilities and Maintenance Director will follow all Personnel Policies and conduct themselves in a professional and Christian manner.
- Be willing to submit for a background check
- Receive training for Safe Sanctuaries and other certifications as needed
- Perform other tasks as needed/assigned by the Senior Minister
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities, and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an employee. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an employee. An employee may be asked to perform other duties as required by the Staff Parish Relations Committee and/or Senior Minister.