Thank you for supporting the church, Pastor Jeff, staff, and leadership during the past few months. We are looking forward to reconvening for in-person worship. We realize that you and your family may not feel comfortable returning to in-person worship and that is ok. If you’re not quite ready to venture out, please continue to join us for worship on the Murray First Facebook page, Website, or Murray Electric Cable Channel 15 from the comfort of your home. Know that your church family loves you and wants you to remain healthy!
For the safety and well-being of those joining us on campus, we have limited the capacity in the Sanctuary for each service. So reservations will be required in order to accommodate people safely. Overflow space will be available if needed.
Here’s what to expect for in-person worship starting July 5th:
Watch the video from Pastor Jeff and/or read the guidelines below.
- We are encouraging everyone to pre-register for the service time you plan to attend. This is to let the church staff and volunteers know how many people will be in attendance to ensure social distancing guidelines are met and for contact tracing. If someone who attends worship tests positive for COVID-19, we will be required to contact all who attended worship that day.
- Registration will open the afternoon of the Sunday before and close at noon on the Thursday before. So, for attending on July 5th, registration will open at 2 PM on Sunday, June 28th and close at noon on Thursday, July 2nd.
- You will register online or you may call the church office during business hours (M-Th, 8:30a-4p). The link for registering will be posted in the eNews, Facebook Page, and on the website.
- What if you don’t pre-register? That’s okay. You will fill out an attendance card when you arrive, but we do strongly encourage you to pre-register.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME
- Check your temperature and the temperatures of everyone who will be coming with you. If anyone’s temp is over 100.4, please stay home.
- If you (or anyone at home) feel sick, please stay home.
- If you (or anyone at home) have had a cough, shortness of breath, or any of the COVID-19 symptoms within the last 24 hours, please stay home and contact your medical professional.
- If you have been tested for COVID-19 but have not received the results, please stay home.
- If you are sick, DO NOT COME TO CHURCH. We will miss you, but we will all be grateful that you stayed home.
- Please go to the restroom BEFORE you leave home. The set of restrooms located by the CLC Gym will be open, but capacity and cleaning will be limited.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
- Doors open 20 MINUTES prior to each service; please remain in your car until the doors open and maintain 6 feet of distance between your family and other families while walking in.
- Temperatures and a small health screening may be taken when you arrive and you will be asked if you pre-registered. If you did not register, then you will be handed an attendance card to fill out and drop in the offering baskets located at the exits of the sanctuary.
- You will enter the building through the CLC Main Street Entrance nearest the church office or the Sanctuary back parking lot ramp entrance (to right of playground). All other doors will remain locked so park accordingly to the entrance you would like to use.
- Follow posted signs and instructions of volunteer greeters and ushers who will help your family get seated in a pew with enough seating for your family. Families may sit together, but we have marked off alternate pews to help you maintain distance from other households.
MASKS & FACE COVERINGS
- We expect all attendees to wear a mask/face covering; if you forget your mask or do not have one, a disposable mask will be provided to you.
- All Church Staff and volunteers will be wearing masks when interacting with people.
- If you are wearing a mask and begin to feel unwell (i.e. shortness of breath), remove your mask and breathe normally.
PRESCHOOL & CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
- There will be no childcare services until further notice.
- We will have activity packs available for young children.
- Each service will last approximately 60 minutes. We will be disinfecting the Sanctuary, entrance and exit areas, and restrooms following each service, so please exit the building through the opened doors within a few minutes of the service ending as dismissed by the volunteer ushers.
GRACE & PATIENCE
These are strange days and we are all learning how to navigate through this together. Please be gracious and patient with one another.
If there is reasoning to postpone or revert back to the virtual format only, we will inform the congregation as quickly as possible.